Windows 7 A disk read error occured

James61

Hi all, on start up i am getting, A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart", but when i press,"Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" , it always returns to" A disk read error occurred" . i also cant access safe mode (F8). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

James

Hi James,

do you have access to a windows 7 disk or rescue disk? If so you could change your boot options to boot straight off the disk which should then allow you to repair the start up procedure.

If you don't have access to either of the above disks then using a Torrent app like this one: Vuze: The most powerful bittorrent app on earth. you can download a rescue disk from here: Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

Once downloaded you'll then need to burn the 'Iso' file to disk.

hi kemical , thanks for the swift reply, what i didnt say in my post was that i have that disk running already, but seems to be taking ages, i am running the startup repair option, it has now been running for about 30 minutes, is this normal.

regards
James

And I've read that running two or three times on the trot is advantageous.

I've had the start up repair, in the past, seem to go on forever. Being an impatient bugger I've hit the big button and cold re-started and Windows has booted straight away. Now I'm not suggesting you do this, more a tale to let you know that something is actually happening.

As Mike say's it can take longer and please make sure any USB devices are removed too.

Hi Guys, Thanks for all your replys so far, but i ran the recovery disc twice and still the same problem, is there any other way, or does it mean a new HD.

Regards James

Back
Top Bottom