Windows 7 A plethora of problems

patelpb

Hello all,
I will start by giving background info on the laptop I recently bought this august,

Lenovo y480
Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System: 64-Bit
Graphics : Nvidia GeForce 640M LE

I had problems earlier with downloading windows updates, where the updates would require me to restart like usual, but wouldn't configure. I found doing them one at a time helps.

Just two days ago, I was in the middle of using Photoshop CS6 whilst skyping a few friends when I photoshop... crashed.

I wasn't too happy about losing my work, but I reopened and whenever I went to save, it would crash. I repeated until finally it saved and worked.

Next day:
I come home, my Laptop is unplugged (I don't leave the battery in to preserve its life) so obviously my mother had been cleaning the room or something (she never actually turned it on). It was in sleep mode so That may have had something to do with it.

Anywho, I turned it on, and I started getting errors. Certain programs wouldn't start up. I was astonished, so I went to Chrome, confused as to what was up. One of the non-working programs was skype, so I tried starting it up and it said there was a missing DLL. Also, AVG Internet Security 2013 wasn't working. I would double click it, but the user interface would never load.

MSN messenger was another effected program.

I couldn't uninstall Skype or MSN or AVG. I went to chrome to get RevoUninstaller, but to my dismay I found that Chrome, whenever I went to download something, would crash. I sent a report to google already, but this was odd. I kept trying and trying, and reset my computer many times before I was finally able to download Revo. I managed to force-uninstall all of AVG and its components, and force-uninstall skype. I want to reinstall skype above all things, but of course Chrome won't download anything.

Also, Internet explorer doesn't work. Whenever I load it (64-bit), the window pops open and some of the interface loads, but then it stops working. The 32-bit version doesn't load at all (Says an error, with code 0xc0000005). I can't download any programs that could run registry scans to fix this, so basically I am stuck.

TO SUM UP:
What doesn't Work: A majority of 32-Bit Programs
Downloading on Chrome
Uninstalling Certain Programs

Issues: My Antivirus, AVG, wouldn't even start up anymore.
I can't download anything, as Internet Explorer doesn't work and Chrome doesn't let me download.

Story: Everything was fine 2 days ago. Then, I came back from school the next day, and bam. I started up the computer, and I'd give you a screenshot of the errors I get every time I start it up but Chrome won't let me upload either. Basically, whenever I open explorer through chrome, chrome crashes.

But for a majority of programs, the 0xc0000005 error comes up. Skype said there was a .DLL missing. I couldn't Uninstall Skype or AVG, and had to get RevoUninstaller (which took a LOT of effort as I couldn't download anything) to get rid of those programs.

What else, I don't know. I've always had problems with windows updates since I got this PC in August (this summer). It would never let me install the updates in bulk, and would never configure the updates properly on the restart. I had to do them 1 at a time.

Help please? I think there's some stuff I didn't cover, so feel free to ask some questions.

Last edited:
I apologize for the double post, but I've found that basically every program under (x86) will not run. All system programs (Notepad, Calculator, ect.) work fine, and all 64-bit programs too.

Not a single 32-bit program will install and/or work.

Final multipost, Sorry:
UPDATE:
Well, I tried a system restore.. didn't work. Now my computer doesn't boot, it always goes straight to startup repair.

It says there are 2 root causes:

"Boot critical file D:\Windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys is corrupt."

and

"Boot critical file D:\NETIO.SYS is corrupt."

Back