Windows 7 A strange problem after reinstalling my wireless driver.

ladolcevita1

After experiencing some problems with stable connectivity, I went into device manager and selected to uninstall the driver for my Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter. After rebooting, I selected the option to automatically update the driver. After all this, I keep getting "Not connected- No connections are available".

1. It's not the router. (The internet is working)
2. Already tried to do system restore. (System restore can't access a certain file and won't let me).
3. Already tried Roll Back Driver.
4. Another weird thing is that when looking at the status of the network connection, it states that the speed is 412.3 Gbps. Despite this speed being ridiculous and it not being connected to anything.
5. Trust me, it's not the router.
;)
ffs, somebody? anybody?

Last edited:
Have you run the troubleshooter in the Network and Sharing Center. If you right click the red X, it should do something.

Did you reinstall the driver for the Wireless adapter, or check and make sure one was installed?

If you type ncpa.cpl in the Start Menu box, does your wireless adapter show up? Is it enabled?

Troubleshooter states that there is no problem.
The driver was reinstalled which is why we're here. I've tried many different ones as well.
The adapter shows up and it is enabled.

This is ****ing strange.

Last edited:
I think I would try a System File Check.....

If that doesn't help, if you did not already, when you uninstall a driver, you have the option to uninstall all versions of the driver on your system.

Any chance the adapter is going bad?

System File Check states that there aren't any bad files. I think I may have uninstalled all versions already, but just in case could you explain to me how to do that exactly?

I do not think that the adapter is going bad because it was working almost fine right up until the point I made the foolish decision to uninstall the driver. That being said, I really hope that it isn't the adapter.

Last edited:
I do not think that the adapter is going bad because it was working almost fine right up until the point I made the foolish decision to uninstall the driver.
:confused:

In Device Manager, when you uninstall a device, there is a check box for removing all drivers. If you have the Advanced System Properties, hardware tab set to update hardware drivers, Windows should reinstall a driver very quickly. Hopefully, that driver is not the one causing you problems. You might want to keep track of the version numbers.

Windows 7 does not seem to be supported by HP for that wireless adapter. When you get one from Windows directly, hopefully it will work, but in some cases, they may not have full functionality. If you can't get it to work, you may want to install the Vista drivers in a compatibility mode.

Any chance of replacing the adapter with a newer one?

Have you tried a wired connection to see what it does?

I might have to start looking into new adapters if that is the case. Hopefully not though. I am going across town tonight and will have access to a wired connection there. The place I am staying at now requires this stupid authentication for unrecognised devices when trying to use a wired connection. adapters.jpgmyinternetisfucked.jpg

Last edited:
Back