Windows 7 access denied on brand new files

eph3x

First- Thank you in advance for any input you have, and sorry if this seems like a re-post, but I can't seem to find anyone who is having quite the same problem or a solution that seems to work.

Basically it is denying me access to brand new files. EX I shot some texture photos today, applied some batch processing in bridge CS4, setting file names and basic metadata/keywords etc. Opened a couple in photoshop, (also CS4-11.0.1 64 bit, though the problem also happens in Photoshop 32bit as well) and when saving windows says first- "cannot save the file name is invalid" (the file name is 20090616_Concrete_Txtr_0006) after a second attempt, it says "you cannot save the file access is denied. To gain access go to properties, advanced, change ownership" or something to that effect. The photo shows up in explorer, but windows photo viewer cannot open it- it says the photo "has either been deleted or is in a location that isn't available. Photoshop cannot open it, it says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the owner or an administrator to obtain permission"

However, I cannot get it to let me take ownership through the properties-security-advanced-owner-edit. It says
"Unable to set new owner. Access is denied." I cannot get it to let me take ownership through the command line (run as administrator) either- (also, I am logged in as admin, I am the only user on the computer)

takeown /f C:\filepath\filename fails saying that it cannot find the path specified, even though i'm just copying and pasting the filepath and name from explorer.

This file is by far the most denied, but I'm having similar issues with many others. I'm having to do save as, change the file name and save a new one. I try to delete the old ones, but they don't disappear until I restart the computer. Also, virtually all of my folders are set to "read only" for some reason. Trying to take this off and apply it to all files and subfolders does nothing. I go right back into properties after unchecking read only and applying it and there it is, checked again.

please help!!

system info:

Windows 7 x64 v 6.1.7100
Lenovo D20 workstation
intel xeon x5550 2.66 ghz ht quad core
8 gb DDR3 ram
ATI Firepro v7750
Marvell 64xx/63xx SAS storage controller
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + Antispyware 8.5.0i

I am also having a similar issue on a Dell laptop, though not as bad

Windows 7 x86 v 6.1.7100
Dell d820