Windows 7 access denied

taban

I have problem accessing my external hard drive , I am getting the message access denied. could anybody help on that please.

I have problem accessing my external hard drive , I am getting the message access denied. could anybody help on that please.

Try scanning the HD with an updated Antivirus viz. MSE or Avast. You can scan with Kaspersky, iff it is a full version.

Could you describe the drive, as far as connection and history of where it has been used?

If it shows in Computer, can you right click look at properties and see what security settings are for your user?

Thanks for your help, the drive is external hard disk with a usb connection.Yes it shows in computer and I can see the properties. I changed the owner with full access,but it didn't help. I connected the drive to an XP machine and it works fine and I can access my files.
I tried connecting it to another Windows 7 macine and it didn't work and gave me the message access denied,although i had no problem accessing my files with the same Windows 7 machine six months ago. Could it be some Windows 7 updates.

Does the external drive have any of its own software that allows access. I have external drives that are just drives and one that I need to set up access for each user.

Could an anti-virus be blocking the access?

Is the drive shared?

Thank you Saltgrass, the answers for your questions are no.This problem is driving me crazy,even I tried a flash memory and I can't access the files. I am sure somthing in windows 7 (security issue).

Back