Windows 7 Accessing Hard Drive Issue

mjsmikey

I currently have 3 hard drives and one Disk Drive (DVD). I installed W7 on Drive 3 (disk 2). Drive 1 (disk 0) has windows XP on it, but it wont boot due to some odd windows\system32\config\ folder missing or corrupt. My power went out when windows was loading and Kaput.

I want to be able to access the Hard Drive Marked as Disk 0, Master 1. I tried switching it to Slave, but it wouldn't recognise it. I tried removing it and Windows wouldn't boot. I tried to switch it to Slave and Move Drive 2 (Disk 1) to Master. This wouldn't boot. It seems that anytime I switch away from Master Drive it won't let me boot the computer. It gives me an error saying its missing chkdll...(something similar, I foget the exact word). I need to Backup all this information off the disk on to my USB Hard Drive, so I can reformat it and reinstall a fresh Windows XP. I removed the quick boot in settings so I can change the drive orders.

What should I do to allow my computer to Boot this drive? The control Panel shows the drive is there under hardware but it doesn't let me access it, and it doesn't say it has a better update for it.

The device is a Maxtor 6L160P0 (160 GB).

I'm running 32 Bit Ultimate W7
Bios: Phoenix ROM Bios Plus Version 1.10 A01
Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 2.53 GHz
Memory: 1278 MB RAM
Page File: 901 MB used, 1943 Available.
I have a dual LCD monitor setup with a GeForce FX 5200 128 MB.

Any Help would be Great, I'll try just about anything as I would really like to get this data back.

MIKE

Back
Top Bottom