Windows Vista Accessing Outlook 2007 Archive

wahn

Dear Board,

QUESTION1

I just spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I am looking for a lost email which I expect was archived in my Outlook 2007. I looked up "archive" in the Outlook help and it said:

View archived items

Do one of the following:

• On the Go menu, in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.), click Archive Folders (or the name you specified for the archive location).
  • In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), under All Mail Folders, in the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.), click Archive Folders (or the name you specified for the archive location).

PROBLEM: I can't find the folders these instructions are directing me to. I cannot find out how to access my archived files... Any help? Ideas?

Question 2:

I am using IMAP. How can I find out whether my webmail regularly deletes old emails?
Many thanks,
W.

Back
Top Bottom