Windows 7 Acer Aspire One Win 7

ears1991

Model:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Installed Win7 32 bit on it, its not officially supported so i had to get the drivers myself, there are no uknown devices left in device manager
BSODs randomly when a lot of ram is in use. i have added 512mb of ram which might be the problem although it passed a fair few runs of the latest version of memtest. the BSOD was page fault in non paged area.

Do you think i should try remove the ram and see if that fixes it?

the netbook has 512mb built into the mobo and then a single slot for expansion, only 1 shows in spd which im guessing is the expansion one.

attatched are the 2 screenshots of cpuz and 2 bsod dumps.

any help would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• 050911-21528-01.dmp
    141.9 KB · Views: 501
  • 050311-18751-01.dmp
    141.9 KB · Views: 446
  • spd.jpg
    spd.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 550
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 457
Hello and welcome to windows7forums. : )

What you need to know about your crashes is this:

050311-18751-01.dmp
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced.
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_nt!MiEmptyPageAccessLog+da

050911-21528-01.dmp
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced.
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

1. Your RAM is currently running 133mhz underclock at 533mhz 4 4 4 12. Which is not a good idea.
Correct rates are 667Mhz 5 5 5 15 1.8v

How to set memory right? In the bios.

2. Update old drivers:

Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN driver for CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter - D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter
athr.sys Mon Oct 05 12:31:48 2009
Notebook support + partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx

Dritek Keyboard
DKbFltr.sys Wed Mar 25 23:10:12 2009
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Intel GMA
igdkmd32.sys Wed Sep 23 15:18:09 2009
Intel® Driver Update Utility

Realtek LAN
Rt86win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:05 2009
Notebook support + Link Removed - Invalid URL

thank you for the reply!

unfortunately the designers of this netbook decided that if people wanted to add extra ram they wouldnt want to check that it is at the correct frequencies/timings, so i cannot change that unfortunately. I guess i will have to remove the ram and see if there is another stick that will automatically be set at the correct settings. Thanks also for the links to the drivers!

Out of interest how did you find which drivers were out of date? I assume you didnt go through one by one and look it up :p

many thanks for your help!

EDIT: also on the acer page i linked to it says 533Mhz so i guess thats why it set the additional stick at that speed too. Do you think i should try with the ram removed? although win7 with 52mb ram on a netbook is going to suck pretty hard lol =/

i guess i could try one of the sticks suggested here: Link Removed due to 404 Error, there is one that is 533mhz which would match the internal ram, although i didnt think it would matter too much as long as the faster ram supported the lower clocks, which according to cpu-z the one i have in does :S

Last edited:
Out of interest how did you find which drivers were out of date? I assume you didnt go through one by one and look it up

The method is really easy I'll leave it up to you to guess. ; )

... that if people wanted to add extra ram.

That could be another causer of your crashes, in case the extra stick you've added is not matching with the others.
Passmark RAMMon tool could clarify this. Save your report as HTML, zip, and attach.

The method is really easy I'll leave it up to you to guess. ; )

That could be another causer of your crashes, in case the extra stick you've added is not matching with the others.
Passmark RAMMon tool could clarify this. Save your report as HTML, zip, and attach.

here you go, again it looks like it only shows the extra ram stick not the integrated

Attachments

• RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 282
Rammon report shows you have only 1 Hynix DDR667 in slot #2. The cpuz screenshots that you attached earlier show 1 512 Mb stick in slot #1 and the total amount of ram being 1012 Mb.

- In the bios, look for an option to load setup defaults
-
run 10 passes of memory test Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
- a good idea to buy new set of matching sticks recommended for this certain type of motherboard. For example, if your motherboard has no support for ddr800, do not buy ddr800. Do not install side by side ddd533 and ddr667, as it won't work well. Sticks should be identical sold in a kit.

Back