Windows 7 Acer Aspire Revo - Can't get internet using wired connection

georgem

Hi,

I own an Acer Aspire Revo (model R3600) that I am trying to use as a media pc connected to my tv. It originally had a version of linux on it, but I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. However I can't get it to connect to the internet with a wired connection. I can connect to my network and view files on other pc's but not get internet acces...

I'm not sure if wireless works because my pc is too far away from my router to pick up anything other than a poor 1 bar signal and won't connect.

I've followed the advice of similar threads on this board but nothing has worked so far. Hopefully some of these pictures can help someone work out my problem:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks!

The ethernet adapter is not receiving any real (valid) information from whatever is providing DHCP for your network. THe 169.254.223.181 address is APIPA and has no real value for internet connections. You are not getting a default gateway, which you need to communicate with any device outside your local network and you are not getting DNS, which you also need to resolve FQDNs.
My first thought would be to check with the manufacturer and see if they have updated drivers for Windows 7 for the network adapter.
Additionally you could attempt to manually assign static values for IPv4 in the properties of your network adapter, if you have another computer that actually can get on the internet you may be able to identify the correct values using it as an example.
Also disable IPv6 temporarily, just to see if that makes any difference. You may also want to look into your router and see if the manufacturer has any recent firmware upgrades that may help, but if you have other Windows 7 machines on the network that are working ok, then I wouldn't assume the problem was with the router, I would suspect the network adapter card itself. Not sure how you are viewing other machines on the network unless all machines are using APIPA.

Back
Top Bottom