Windows 10 Activation Failing

Similac

Honorable Member
I had the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and the upgrade was completely broken. Edge wouldn't launch and list numbers things after that.

I got the CDKEY of my install, did a clean install, and now the product is unable to activate. Same exact hardware and everything. IT does not give me an option for a number to call.

Anyone seen this yet or have an idea? The upgraded version was activated without issue.

Going to attempt installing and skipping the cdkey portion as opposed to entering the key from magical jelly bean (which apparently was a generic key)

In case anyone else looks in here I'm not sure what happened, but had to revert back to 7, activate 7, then upgrade to 10, activate 10, then do a clean install without entering any CD Key both times it asked.

If you use the Microsoft media tool to upgrade to win 10 then it silently replaces your win 7 key with a new win 10 one. You can then use Jellybean to find out what it is and then do a clean install. You must do that initial upgrade to get the key although it sounds like from what you say you've tried this and it didn't work?
Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Back
Top Bottom