Windows 7 Activation Problem

FT2593

Hi
I am a new windows 7 professional 32-bit user.
My cousin did the installation for me and entered the product key, we could not immediately activate it then as we had no internet connection.
As we got an internet connection, we tried to activate it but this error appears:
Code : 0x8007232B
Description : DNS name does not exist.

being quite weak in techy stuff i would like someone to help me

Last edited:
Because you were unable to get an Internet connection at first, you may have a bad DNS pool (or cache). There is a way to flush the DNS cache from the command-line by going to:

Start -> Search -> cmd.exe

In the black Windows Command Console:

ipconfig /flushdns

Alternatively, you may try restarting the computer and see if the problem still occurs. If it still occurs you can elect to activate by telephone using the activation mechanism.

Best
Mike

Well thank u for the prompt reply but unforunately it didnot work
Anyway how do you activate by phone

It's been awhile since I saw the screen, but I believe there is an active link on that page.

Try going to Start > Control Panel > System, then click the Device Manager link on the top left hand side.

Are there any entries with a yellow flag beside them?

Hi
I am a new windows 7 professional 32-bit user.
My cousin did the installation for me and entered the product key, we could not immediately activate it then as we had no internet connection.
As we got an internet connection, we tried to activate it but this error appears:
Code : 0x8007232B
Description : DNS name does not exist.

being quite weak in techy stuff i would like someone to help me

KB 929826:
Activation Error: Code 0x8007232b
DNS Name does not exist

You may want to activate by phone, start -> type -> slui 4 -> follow the instructions.

reghakr
i opened device manager and there are NO yellow flags
now what should i do
thanx

Back
Top Bottom