Windows 7 Add Recycle Bin and More to My Computer

The Tweaking with Vishal web site writes up a quick registry hack that adds Recycle Bin, Network Connections, Admin Tools, or even Search to your My Computer window. The process works by adding a single key to the registry for each icon you want to add to the My Computer window. To add the Recycle Bin, open up the Registry Editor and browse down to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace

Once you are there, create a new key named {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} underneath, and the Recycle Bin will instantly show up in your My Computer windowâ€â€￾or you can hit the F5 key to refresh if necessary.

sshot-2009-07-02-_7_.jpg

More >>

I simply drag the recycle bin to my start orb, and it appears on my start menu. Quite useful for me, although it's not on my computer.

Yeah, that reg tweak to put the Recyle Bin in My Computer rocks!

I've been doing that as the first thing on a new OS for a few years now... can't stand the Recycle Bin on my desktop! :razz:

Here is another tweak if youd rather your Recycle Bin on your Taskbar. Its also fully functional. I remember posting this months ago, just thought I'd put it in here too.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I get: "Oops! This link appears to be broken."

Back