add/remove

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
Hello
I uninstalled "sothink dvd movie maker" with Revo uninstaller as it was loaded with ads etc unless you bought the pro one.
Avisynth 2.5, ffdshow[rev2583], Haali media splitter are entries in add/ remove.
I don't recall seeing these(not sure) but don't want to remove what belongs here as I also have VLC media player and WMP which may be related to them..
When I install another converter/burner I would not want these entries to corrupt the installation.
Can I assume Revo cleared out all add/ remove entries associated with Sothink or not?
Thank you

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
Hi Peterr

The only thing I can suggest is that you check the install dates, compare with the program you've removed (if you can remember!) VLC etc.

I've installed VLC in the past and I don't recall either of those you've mentioned.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
Checking dates is a good idea.
I just removed Sothink with revo and usually it clears all associations but I was not sure.
I still have VLC.
Thank you for the help.

whs

Extraordinary Member
Revo removes most things, but for the basic program removal it relies on the program's uninstaller. And e.g. .dlls are not removed by any uninstaller nor Revo.

Peterr

Extraordinary Member
The three entries coincide with VLC. I do not know the date of Sothink b/c I removed it.
I looked in systen restore too. No worries though.
Thank you
Peter

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.