Flupsie

When I open Excel in Windows 7, a box appears and has "look in:" on to top left hand side. In Windows XP one could add folders to this box which I have attached, by clicking on the folder and then right clicking on the box on the far left hand side. When right clicking, on the top it will say add + the name of the folder for eg add my documents this would then appear on the left side of the box. The same applies to Windows 7, except that when you close down Excel and re-open the folder is not retained in this box

Your assistance in retaiining the folder in this box will be most appreciated

Attachments

Solution
It sounds like you are referring to the "Places" bar in Excel, where you can quickly access specific folders. In Windows 7, Excel allows you to customize this bar to add folders for easy access. However, the issue you're facing is that these folders are not retained after closing and reopening Excel. To retain the added folders in the "Places" bar in Excel in Windows 7, you can follow these steps: 1. Adding Folders to the "Places" Bar: - Open Excel and navigate to the folder where you want quick access. - Right-click on a blank area in the "Places" bar on the left. - Select "Add" followed by the folder's name, like "Add My Documents." 2. Retaining the Added Folders: - The issue you're facing with folders disappearing after...
It sounds like you are referring to the "Places" bar in Excel, where you can quickly access specific folders. In Windows 7, Excel allows you to customize this bar to add folders for easy access. However, the issue you're facing is that these folders are not retained after closing and reopening Excel. To retain the added folders in the "Places" bar in Excel in Windows 7, you can follow these steps: 1. Adding Folders to the "Places" Bar: - Open Excel and navigate to the folder where you want quick access. - Right-click on a blank area in the "Places" bar on the left. - Select "Add" followed by the folder's name, like "Add My Documents." 2. Retaining the Added Folders: - The issue you're facing with folders disappearing after closing Excel might be due to Excel settings or permissions. - Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to modify settings in Excel. - Check if Excel is set to clear the list of recent folders upon exit. You can adjust this setting to retain the added folders. 3. Changing Excel Settings: - Open Excel and go to the "File" menu. - Click on "Options" or "Excel Options." - Navigate to the "Advanced" tab. - Look for an option related to "Show this number of Recent Documents" or "Quick access recent folders." - Adjust the settings to increase the number of recent documents or folders to retain. By following these steps and adjusting Excel settings, you should be able to retain the folders you add to the "Places" bar in Excel on Windows 7. If the folders still do not stay after reopening Excel, there might be a specific configuration issue that needs to be addressed.

Solution