Windows 7 Adding tags or descriptions to a folder in Win 7???

redfishsc

I'm running Win 7, 64 bit.

Being someone who just completed a research-intense Masters degree, you'd think I would have thought of this a long time ago.

Are there any ways to add a very obvious banner to the top of a folder that you can type in details/instructions/information about that folder? Something OBVIOUS and easy to see.

I have piles of folders that all hold "similar" content, and I'd love to put a detailed description at the top of the folder that is very easy to see when you open a folder. If I can also add in a pop-up bubble when I wave the pointer over the folder with this info, so much the better.

I want to be able to open a folder and see up at the top "Storage of archived items for sociology research regarding ethics and human rights from when I was a student at Noneya Business School at Wassamatta U".

There's no way I can do this in a single name without having ENORMOUS file names.

The only way I see to do, is to create a folder with a group name and store the archives in it. Folders can not be tagged only files. There is many option to group folders. Right click context menu, then more.

Back