Windows 7 admimistrator password???

paulpies84

Hi

I use windows 7 ultimate SP1 64 bit.

I tried to install a program tonight and got the following dialog box.

You may not have the necessary permissions to use all the features of the program you are about to run. You may run this program as a different user or continue to run the program as the current user.

It then asks for a user name (defaults to administrator) and a password. It wont allow the password to be blank.

I only have the computer set up with one user (thats me) and no password is set.

When i click on use current user it comes back with:

This installer requires admin access try again.

Try random password but no luck.

All i want to do is install a big fish game for my daughter. Please help

try this

go to start

control panel

system and security

administrator tools

computer management

local userss and groups

click users folder

right click the administrator account

set password

accept the warning

set new password

THEN TRY

go to start

type in the search box

cmd

then right click the cmd that comes up within the menu

run as administrator

then type in the box

net user administrator /active:yes

if it says succesful

log off

and you should see an account called administrator

click this and should login as default with no password

once logged in

go to start

control panel

user accounts and family safety
click user accounts

click on manage another account

click your origonaly login name

then you should have change account type

click adminsitrater ( more than likly on standard account )

click apply

let me no how it goes

Last edited:
Kaos

Many thanks it works fine now. still a bit confused as to why it started to be a pain but at least it is sorted Thanks again

Your welcome . To remove the administrator account. Do the same as above
But change the /active:yes to /active:no

Well thought I had sorted this problem but it has started again.
My user account still shows as administrator but whenever i need admin privileges i have to log in with the administrator account created above.?????????????????

Ok
Have set up the administrator account as above.
I can do all the admin type things through this login but cannot do it through my normal user account. I tried setting up a password for my original account but it makes no difference, how weird is this. I can do all I need but i have to switch accounts for admin rights, its doing my nut in. I knew i should have stuck with Vista, it may have been long winded but at least it did what it said on the tin.

Have checked for viruses etc, but nothing shows up. Problem now is that I have no idea when the problem started as i only noticed when i tried to install a game. Until then i had no problems with any installs????

HELP!!!!

Hi

I use windows 7 ultimate SP1 64 bit.

I tried to install a program tonight and got the following dialog box.

You may not have the necessary permissions to use all the features of the program you are about to run. You may run this program as a different user or continue to run the program as the current user.

It then asks for a user name (defaults to administrator) and a password. It wont allow the password to be blank.

I only have the computer set up with one user (thats me) and no password is set.

When i click on use current user it comes back with:

This installer requires admin access try again.

Try random password but no luck.

All i want to do is install a big fish game for my daughter. Please help
It's possible that if you are still having issues with the installer that you may need to right click the installer (setup.exe or setup.msi) and choose Run As Administrator.
Or if you are having issues actually running the game then it might be necessary to define the properties of the shortcut that starts the game by right clicking, choosing properties and then using the compatability tab to adjust how the game runs, you can choose to run it as an administrator by simply checking the box. You may also wish to run the game with other settings as well you may want to experiment with the other compatability settings as well.

It seems a bit worse than before, although I'm not sure as it could have been like this before. Its not just the game I spoke about earlier, its anything that requires administartor rights to install. I only noticed it was still their tonight because firefox tried t install a flash player update and i got an error message about privelidges.

I had the same problem i tried installing a application program and i simply right clicked and run as adminstrator and it worked allowed me to install (i have a simple fix to this problem)

1) right click the program you want to install ( Application )
2) run as adminstation
3) working fine

by running the program in standard adminstration user allows you to check the maintainace and also if this doesnt work your plugin needs fixing

please let me know if this work

Back