Windows 7 Admin on my own computer?

New2win7

How do I actually get full admin rights on my computer when I have the only account and it is admin?

I mean come on I am trying to restore another hard drive back to 3 days ago and my comp tells me I need admin rights. this is a bit fudge up here, can someone help with this please. I feel like I am being abused as an admin by my own damn computer.

There is a concealed account, (global Admin account) which may be what you are seeking.

There are a couple of ways to open this:

1. Open a command prompt(Run as Administrator).
Type the following command and enter.
net user administrator /active
Log out and see if you have a new alternative login, as well as your existing one. If not, do it the long way.

2. Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Log into windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following net user administrator /active
Log out and log back in as administrator.

and another way:

3. Go to Start
Type Control UserPasswords2. (or Open the Start menu, and type lusrmgr.msc )
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and untick the the box “Administrator is disabled”
Now log out and login as Administrator.
The action leaves you a little more vulnerable to outside attack. Not a big issue if you are confident with your anti virus control etc. But it may be a good idea, if you are not totally familiar with security risks, to return to your normal user account afterwards. Fwiw. I have used three ciomputers in my own home, totally on the Global Admin account, since the early Vista Beta days. I have not exerienced any out of the ordinary virus or trojan problems

A password, if you are the only user in your environment, is not totally needed. It does not offer protection from outside (internet attack, as it is easily bypassed by hackers.

Back
Top Bottom