Windows Vista Administrative Tools

SIR

Where specifically in the Administrative Tools module do you go to prevent users from installing programs?

If this is a home computer, isn't everybody supposed to use a standard account, that way a virus will be confined to one specific account. If you use your administrator account a virus will spread throughout the entire computer. I believe a standard account holder does not have authority to install programs. My memory is not as good as it used to be, or has SP1 changed that? (For business, NTFS Permissions)

Re: Administartive Tools

Where specifically in the Administrative Tools module do you go to prevent users from installing programs?

Celestra is on the right track when she mentions accounts..
To limit a users powers on your machine create a 'guest' account... :)

A standard user can install programs in Vista Ultimate unless an administrator removes that right. I don't want to go with the guest account because there are multiple users with different access levels. I am certain that I've seen the module fthat allow one to prevent users from installing programs but I'm have a "senior moment".

Is it an insult or something to forbid users from installing programs? I've also seen some software located on "Best Vista Downloads" that will stop people from installing programs -if you want. It maybe free, you'll have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom