Windows 7 Administrator Account

iTTi

Hey guys,
I installed windows 7 today & found out that my user is not an administrator account and I am unable to change the settings. How do I fix this? :sad_smile:

Hey guys,
I installed windows 7 today & found out that my user is not an administrator account and I am unable to change the settings. How do I fix this? :sad_smile:

Hey!
You can change administrator's password by a few easy steps.

1. Open the Start menu and click on "Run..."

2. Type "cmd" and click enter.

3. Type "net user (admin name) *
Where it says (admin name) you should type the administrator's name. Make sure you type a space and then a *.

4. It should ask you to type a password. Just type enter if you want no password.
It should then ask you to confirm. Re-type what you just typed.

5. There you are. Log out of your account, and their password should be changed/gone. Now go onto their account, go to "User Accounts" and make yourself an administrator.
6. GET SUSPENDED

Hi iTTi, are you absolutely sure? As far as I know the default user that you create when you install windows 7 must be an administrator... Was there a problem during the installation or am I missing something?

Hi iTTi, are you absolutely sure? As far as I know the default user that you create when you install windows 7 must be an administrator... Was there a problem during the installation or am I missing something?
I buyed 2 years ago a windows 7 PC and the default account was'nt a admin account.
For other solutions click: Let me google that for you

Just a note (in my experience)...

If that didn't work, then my memory serves me correctly.. The "net user" feature is only present on Windows Vista/7 Professional Edition or Ultimate...

If an individual has the Windows Vista/7 Premium or Home, the only easy way is to boot in "Safe Mode" that will display the "Administrator" option. If you go into the "Control Panel" then "User Accounts", you then set the Password. This should open the Account to log into in a Normal Mode boot.

It has been a long time since i had any version less than a Windows Professional edition so i am going by memory.

Please keep in mind that the initially created accounts (when Windows Vista/7 is first set-up) is in fact an Administrative account with a few safety features set to assist in preventing any mistakes made in the Operating System (like the UAC pop-up's). If you open up the Primary "Administrator" account for normal use, you will bypass most all of those safety features and if you make mistakes without doing your homework, it can "Potentially" be irreversable and cause anywhere from minor to major Operating System issues. Just remember to be carefull...

If you decide to go forth, Let us know how you did.

Good luck... :redface:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom