Windows 7 Administrator Priviledges

sisyphus

When I attempt to delete certain files or folders I am denied permission and prompted: "requires administrators permission".
But I am the Administrator! And I am signed in as such.
How do I fix this problem?

Richard

P.S. I will be installing a Solid-State Drive later today - OS & apps. - with a conventional HDD for files and backup. And I think I will do a clean install, so these files will be gone anyway. But I still need to be recognised as GOD :mad: of my machine.

Richard

I've been having the same problem for some time now, the annoying this is if you try to delete the file from the command line you'll not get any errors.

A search on this site will show a few threads dealing with the problem. But, for your query, is this after selecting right click - run as Administrator? Also, have you tried pulling down the UAC, through the MSconfig - Tools facility?

I'm having similar problems. Certain programs, like Cobian Backup, save their setting files in the c:\program files\ folder. I found out, that if I want to create a file somwhere within Program files folder, I need to provide Administrator permission. It seems to me, that the OS wont allow my profile to write in that area. It is very annoying, because Cobian can not save my backup set settings, which means, that I have to manually create a backup set everytime I start the program.

Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

It's just bad software design (unless you're using portable software then don't put it there) Program Files is supposed to be off limits except for installers. Programs should place their data in the user directory. You can either reinstall the software and place it somewhere else. Or you'll have to take ownership of the application folder

Back
Top Bottom