Windows 7 Administrator Problem

Ekkoe

Hey,

Problem is simple: I had spyware, made a partition, installed Win7 on it, removed Xp from my other partition, then, I had no authority over my Xp files.

I managed to get some authority over the files, moving them, viewing them or even installing programmes, but it seems that somewhere Win7 is still suspicious. I can't unzip files directly into the drive (which is annoying, because it forces me to use an external hard disc) and recently it's been showing errors more often. Often this is in the form of a "not enough disc space" notification, but I have like 80gb available.

Any help? Need info, do ask.

Thanks for reading,

Peter

I wish you would have enlarged the window before taking the screen shot

Windows 7 is on the C, drive, what's;s in the others and what does Niet-toedewezb mean?

Your Windows 7 installation is om the C: partition, and it looks like Vista or XP is on the D: parturition

That is correct... I want full access to my D: partition. I have limited authority for some reason. I did the standard thing properties > security > advanced > users and empowered myself, but there's some sort of bureaucratic error that disallows me to make full use of the partition.

Could you tell us what those German words mean in English?

It seems it tried to insatll to C: bit not enough room.

I don't want to dualboot, but if it solves many problems...

I had no choice but to put it on a 10gb partition, because my other files, at the time, were taking up 290gb. I only had 10gb to spare, which I made into a partition, then installed Win7 on it. I then started up and removed the XP from my old partition, because it was infected with spyware and generally malfunctioning.

I have another thread going asking why I cannot expand that partition anymore as I planned, and I"m looking into that. That's not the point right now: expanding that partition to 20gbs or even 50gbs won't solve the fact that I do not have full authority over the folders on my D: drive, even though I followed all Win7's steps to give myself that authority.

If you're going to store 290 Gb of data on your computer you need a much bigger hard drive. Your operating system uses free space for some of it's functions. Add a second hard drive or something. Having authority is nothing compared to the fact that your O/s can't function properly.

You need minimum of about 50 GB for a Windows 7 installation as 3rd party programs are going to be taking up space as well,

And, of course there will Be updates and security updates also

You need minimum of about 50 GB for a Windows 7 installation as 3rd party programs are going to be taking up space as well,

And, of course there will Be updates and security updates also
My system is ("ok??") with a 35 Gb partition but I have to be extremely careful not to store anything extra on it. Right now I have only 9.5 Gb free space. My O/S with programs, Page file and System Recovery files is using close to 25Gb. I plan to have a dedicated H/D for my operating system as soon as I can.

Back