Windows 7 Administrator Problem

That's not the discussion, like I said, I'm trying to fix the partition problem. I have plenty of free space now on my other partition but I cannot further expand it because of some other problem, which I'm solving in a separate thread. I made this thread to solve the administrator problem or the lack of authority, which has nothing to do with partition size.

So are we wasting are valuable time on this when you care more about another forum that you're participating in>

You;ve definitely had some weird answers as if you were trying to be secretive'

So, shall ewe close this thread. and end Drew and myself can work on more important issues?

I'm not being secretive at all, I've answered all the info you required. Do you require more? What is there to be secretive about?

The problem is that the conclusion this thread led to is "10gb is not enough to maintain Win7 on", which has nothing to do with my problem. And I never implied that I cared more for the other issue, I said it was a SEPARATE ISSUE which has nothing to do with this one, because no matter if I have a 10gb partition with Win7 on it or a 100gb partition with Win7 on it, the problem remains: I do not have full authority over my other partition.

I came here asking for my administrator problem solved, hence the title "Administrator Problem", not to ask whether or not 10gb was enough for Win7. When it was brought up that it wasn't enough, I simply said that I was taking care of that problem as well in a different thread (not a different forum, mind you, it's right here on windows7forums.com), but that this had nothing to do with the problem I wish to address here.

So if you're under the impression you are wasting your time, all I can say is that this is only due to the fact that the thread diverted from the topic, which is right in the title: Administrator Problems.

I've asked you to tell us what the German words meant, i asked for a second screen shot, and you told us you formatted

the whole drive

I do not have full authority over my other partition

What is that supposed to mean.

That's my problem, I don't know what it means. I have a single 300gb harddisc parted into two partitions. When I installed Win7, I was not assigned as user of those files, so I had to make myself user, or, grant myself the authority to use them. I thought I had that authority fully, but as it turns out I do not: when I want to unzip a file it doesn't work on that partition (it does on external discs) and sometimes when I install files it doesn't work either.

If all this is due to the 10gb problem then I will solve that first and see how it goes, but this was never articulated.

Translations:
Indeling: "Devision" or "assignment"
Bestandssysteem: File system
Capaciteit: Capacity
Vrije ruimte: Free disc space
% vrij: % free
Fouttolerantie: Error tolerance
In orde: Functioning
Wisselbestand: "Spare space when RAM is exceeded"
Actief: Active
Primaire partitie: Primary Partition
Niet toegewezen: Unassigned
Opstarten: Start-up

That's my problem, I don't know what it means. I have a single 300gb harddisc parted into two partitions. When I installed Win7, I was not assigned as user of those files, so I had to make myself user, or, grant myself the authority to use them. I thought I had that authority fully, but as it turns out I do not: when I want to unzip a file it doesn't work on that partition (it does on external discs) and sometimes when I install files it doesn't work either.

If all this is due to the 10gb problem then I will solve that first and see how it goes, but this was never articulated.

Translations:
Indeling: "Devision" or "assignment"
Bestandssysteem: File system
Capaciteit: Capacity
Vrije ruimte: Free disc space
% vrij: % free
Fouttolerantie: Error tolerance
In orde: Functioning
Wisselbestand: "Spare space when RAM is exceeded"
Actief: Active
Primaire partitie: Primary Partition
Niet toegewezen: Unassigned
Opstarten: Start-up

This makes no sense.

The whole problem stems from you installing to a 10 GB partition, so that screwed the whole installation process.

Do you have important files you need to get from the hard drive?

Can you boot into Windows at all?

I think part of your problem is that 7 is running in such a small partition and thus effecting the rest of the system. A perfect solution would be to pull whatever files you need off the drive via another pc and then create two new partitions.
In fact I'm amazed you got 7 to even run in a 10GB partition.. Probably the reason why you can't move anything off the other partition is that your os has no room to move anything around..

Kemical,

don't you need at least 15 GB.

And where does it expand the files to?'If it;s the C: drive, I see now way that it would install correctly.

You do need at least that amount and like I said the os has no room to do anything let alone move files from one place to another..

Back