Windows 7 administrator

jhaskins75

I am currently using the Windows 7 RC which has been fantastic to date. My first question is: When will the full use of it expire and Secondly, When I do purchase the Retail Version, Ultimate, is there any way I can Migrate my present Registry and functional programs to the newly installed RTM Version without completely re-installing these programs from scratch or would it be advisable to install the Windows 7 RTM onto a separate drive and used the "Copy or send to feature to transfer the programs". to the new drive. It is said I can make a shadow copy of these programs and features via a ISO File format. It is so troubling to get the registration and key codes to my programs from the subscribers.Very time consuming. Also, I have Microsoft Word 2007 installed and I have my License number, but if I uninstall / Re- Install, I am afraid I will lose all of my address information in my Outlook program, as this is my central mail client. How can I retain the Data in my folders? Any professional advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you, John. [ [email protected] ]

No Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

Especially going from an RC to the retail version.

You can't just simply copy files and expect them to work. There are no registry entries for these programs after a "clean" install

All I can say is Bite the Bullet. It;s only a one time deal,. I;ve done it about 6 times.

Back
Top Bottom