Windows 7 Adobe Lightroom ver2.2

small_boy_uk

I've been trying out a few of the programs I use daily on Win7 and have run into a couple of problems with Lightrrom - was wondering if anyone else had too. Mostly it just hangs and seems to have particular problems with the develop module. Still useable most of the time though.

I'm using the beta of LR2.3 but I don't recall any problems with LR2.2 although some have reported a memory leak.

Actually LR is in Release Candidate now -- works fine. The memory leak in 2.2 has also been fixed.

These bugs fixed
  • In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash.
  • Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback.
  • A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments.
  • Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2.
  • Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers.
I'm using 2.3 RC on w7 x-64-- works fine. Sometimes I'm processing a batch of 100 pictures in one go --this program whilst it has its quirks makes processing large volumes of pictures in a reasonable time possible. (And here I'm talking of processing photos up to professional standards for paying clients).

I wouldn't normally do any "serious" paying work on a Beta OS (not even sure if I've actually broken the EULA -- I'm sure there's some scumbag / sleazebag lawyer out there rubbing his / her mits together with dollar (/euro/pound etc) signs in his / her eyes) but I'd have to test this anyway sooner or later as I've got some XP machines in the studio that are approaching "Upgrade" time anyway.

Incidentally (O.T) but Adobe have dropped the ball with their "Macboy" fan base -- Photoshop CS4 in 64 bit edition only runs on Windows machines -- even though the latest Mac OS is 64 bit Photoshop on Mac is only 32 bit --they have to wait until the next release -- and as we've only just got CS4 the idea of another upgrade to CS5 is just not on -- Full phoptoshop is not cheap BTW.

cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Back