Windows 7 Aero 'Shake'

Kyle

Anyone else never heard of this?
I was doing a little digging, when I read that there were some new features in 7.
One of them is Aero Shake, a 'shortcut' of sorts, allowing you to take a window, and make it the only one open.

To do this, when there are multiple windows open, grab a window by the title bar, and shake it left and right. This will minimize all other windows to the taskbar.

Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Aero shake is one of a butt load of features that microsoft has incorporated into its operating system. I also like the aero peek feature.

The Aero shake feature is as previously stated kickass!! As well as the Aero peek feature. Very creative and useful features!!!

If you want to minimize all opened programs, just click the button on the very end of the taskbar.

cheers~

Hate to be a wet blanket, but I think the shake is pretty useless. You (or, at least, I) have to shake so violently before it works.

PS "Shake the screen to make it go faster"!!!!!! Love it!!!

The Aero Shake commercial on YT is not good. To the tune of 'Shake Shake Shake - Shake your booty'. No wonder they do no advertise this feature of moth.

The Aero Shake commercial on YT is not good. To the tune of 'Shake Shake Shake - Shake your booty'. No wonder they do no advertise this feature.

The show button on the right minimizes all windows, while the shake minimizes all but the one you are shaking

Well said Stuigi. The show desktop button does not allow you to keep your active window on top like the aero shake feature does. I use this feature sometimes when i have many windows open and a smaller one kinda in back. i just shake then maximize.

Why we have to shake?

There is a much simplier way to do the same thing and result.

Just press 2 keys in keyboard, that is "windows" + "home" and it is done.

Cheers!

Back