Windows 7 Aero

Ror234

Hi Guys,

I have just recently upgraded my computer to windows 7 and was wondering if i could get some help

I am trying to get Windows Aero to run on my computer.

My computer: Vaio vgn-fs315e
Ram 2gb
1.60ghz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 128mb of ram

to my knowledge this is matches the qualifications to run aero on my computer but the reason it is not is because of the graphics card it is not running a wddm/lddm driver. do you guys no wher i could download onen that will enable aero

Thanks

bump

help

Last edited:
Hi,

Go to Start > Search, and type in fix problems, choose Fix problem with transparency and visual effects.

This will bring up the Aero box so you can perform tests to see if it is compatible.

If not try updating your graphic drivers.

bump
anyone help

but i dont know where to get the driver update it says im fine on my current driver

Last edited:
What was the message you received when going through the Aero tests?

I did locate a chipset update, but you need to have the exact chipset as described here:

Create a restore Point first !!!!!!!

Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset FamilyWhat is the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900?
circuit388.gif
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900 Overview
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900 is a new graphics core that was first introduced with the Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family. This new graphics core is also featured in the Intel® 910GL Express Chipset Family and the Mobile Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family. This third-generation architecture supports the latest LCD and widescreen displays, High-Definition TV (HDTV) and dynamic modes, and hardware acceleration for Microsoft* DirectX* 9.

Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family - Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset family supporthttp://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-012574.htm

The troubleshooter said

"the current video card may support windows aero with a driver that is compliant with wddm

i couldnt get anything from that link you gave me or from that thing "wheres Aero" all i nedd is a wddm drive for my gma do u know where you could get one

Back