Windows 7 aero

didoop

How can i enable aero on win 7 ???I have it on vista ... and i searched for it in pc and it finded it and i executed it and nothing happened ??? Why ???(Im young and i love aero it's nice so nothing bad about it !!!)

How can i enable aero on win 7 ???I have it on vista ... and i searched for it in pc and it finded it and i executed it and nothing happened ??? Why ???(Im young and i love aero it's nice so nothing bad about it !!!)
This is a problem I had and I was able to fix it by going into the registry to and changing

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM/

Composition = 1
CompositionPolicy = 2

Then Restart Your Computer and go into the themes and select the windows 7 theme and you should be good to go.
progress.gif

If this doesnt work anothing thing i have noticed is that people dont install the driver for theire display adapters and just use the generic one that comes with windows 7. You must install the one made for your adapter or aero will not enable. Link Removed due to 404 Error

How do I DISABLE aero on Windows 7? I really prefer to go totally to Windows Classic interface as I do on XP and Vista. Does that option exist (or will it exist in subsequent betas) on windows 7?

there is no way to change the start menu back to classic but you can make the theme sort of like classic. Go into personalization and under ease of access you can see Windows Classic choose it.

You could still remove the gadgets on right side for an even more classic look, anyway why would you want a classic look? I personaly think that the windows 7 looks great, it just need some adjustments.

Actually I don't have, use or want gadgets so that is a non-issue for me. I also just do not like all the "fluff and puff" that does nothing to make my computer do better at what I want it to do for me. The Areo, for instance, makes the bars at the top of the screen harder to read. It takes something away from my experience and adds nothing. Why would I want it? Square corners and high contrast and neutral colors is, as the young'ns say, "rockin'". Gimme Classic all the way. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Yea totally forgot about the gadgets, just trying to show the task bar and start menu. I like the window 7 look and I think the new task bar is very useful.

Back