Windows Vista All shortcuts have got a small white box

Posiedon

All shortcuts on my pc have a small white box.The shortcuts are working fine but i want to get rid of that white boxes.I am attaching a screenshot of it and also a screenshot of the latest software i installed on my PC.

7626349/yajckes

Latest installed software:

7626349/kqutdfw

Thanks in advance.

Have you at any time used a utility program for your icons? I don't think there is a Windows default that would produce squares exactly like that. I believe (no personal knowledge) tweakui can make icons that look similar. I am not familiar with some of your installed programs, but they do look like, some of them, could be "tweakers"?

Last edited:
i use windows 7.....and the link that you gave me has no download link.......and btw i actually play online poker for real money.....would it be safe to login and play or is this some sort of virus???

Thank You.

Have you at any time used a utility program for your icons? I don't think there is a Windows default that would produce squares exactly like that. I believe (no personal knowledge) tweakui can make icons that look similar. I am not familiar with some of your installed progarms, but they do look like, some of them, they could be "tweakers"?

yes i did install some softwares for desktop icons.
One is fences:
Stardock Corporation - Software - Fences

and the other was (that i uninstalled):
Stardock Corporation - Software - ObjectDock Plus - Product Information

No. I would say definitely it is not a virus, Poker sites depend on their reputation for their custom. I would not imagine you are in any greater danger of a virus on such sites as any others.
Can't help with the icons - sorry. I am 100% certain it is the icon tweaker that has caused it. There should be some way to reverse the problem in the tweaker.

No. I would say definitely it is not a virus, Poker sites depend on their reputation for their custom. I would not imagine you are in any greater danger of a virus on such sites as any others.
Can't help with the icons - sorry. I am 100% certain it is the icon tweaker that has caused it. There should be some way to reverse the problem in the tweaker.

hey thanks for the reply....
I already uninstalled ObjectDock then why is it still causing problems????I assume fences didnt cause this because it simply helps in rearranging the icons on the desktop whereas objectdock completely changed everything.

Back