Windows 7 Alt key combinations have stopped working

la7eralus

Recently I began having issues with my alt keys in games. I use a razer lycosa keyboard, as well as an n52te gamepad. Using a gamepad as my main source of imput during gameplay, the alt key is extremely useful as it allows me to have a whole additional set of keybinds with the limited amount of keys the gamepad has in comparison to the keyboard.

A few weeks back I was gaming and noticed that if i was holding alt, and trying to use my movement keys (wsad is how I have the gamepad setup) the a, s, and d keys would not move my character on the gamepad or keyboard. If I just press a, s, or d on the gamepad or the keyboard without holding alt, they all work properly. Strangely, alt + W works fine and will move my character forward, and it seems to be only the a, s, and d keys being affected..

My first thought was that maybe somehow i had bound something to Alt + a, s, or d ingame so i made sure nothing was bound to those keys. On a side note, the easiest way to do this generally besides checking through manually would be to just bind said keys, and then change that bind to something else. On the keybind screen in games, Alt + a, s, or d would have no effect, as if it hadnt been pressed, and would still be awaiting imput as to what key to bind.

I am running my games as administrator on a windows 7 x64 system, nothing running besides the game client. Multiple virus scans on the machine to make sure malware isnt the cause. Razer lycosa drivers installed and up to date from razer's website, same with the n52te, and i cant think of anything installed recently within the time that the problem suddenly started occurring.

Although I initially noticed this problem appearing in games, it is also within windows itself. I guess theres a chance the gamepad/keyboard are going bad...but i had this problem occur a few months back and it seemed to magically fix itself, so i never had to persue it any further. Also the fact that they keys by themselves work properly on the keyboard and pad, including alt, but that when used in combination its as if theyre not even being pressed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i've been scouring google for days yet to find anyone with a similar problem.

Thanks in advance!

I would first try and remove the drivers for the keyboards and reinstall and also make sure the game setup is redone for the key bindings

Ok, so I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the drivers for both the keyboard and gamepad individually. Alt + S is still currently not being detected when pressed in combination =/

Hate to Necro this post but I'm having this exact problem with my Lycosa- Alt+A/S/D stop working, even though all keys work fine individually. Initially problem fixed itself, but has now come back.

Wondering if you ever found a solution...

Back
Top Bottom