Windows 7 alternative method

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I've studied everything you can find but am having trouble getting started. Once it went to a folder I performed a system restore to escape.
If someone has time and interest I'd appreciate some help but understand this is not really trouble solving.
I click on ERUNT GUI 1.5 and download it to desktop. There I can either open it or extract the contents.
My problem is that it wants to go to C:\, users, us which everything seems to want to do -I don't know if it is a default folder.
When I see the tutorials it seems that Windows is the folder for ERDNT and I thought ERUNT too. For the traditional ERUNT I would need ERDNT for recovery and an ERUNT folder for back up. With the new program I don't think I need either.
Can I make a folder on desktop and extract or open to that folder?
From there I think I click on set up - correct? This grphic interface is suppose to be for non advanced users like me but it seems there is more than one way to get it done.
If you have a moment pplease fill in the blanks as I would love to have the program installed for a 7 day backup which can be done within the program...
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Peterr,

Can I make a folder on desktop and extract or open to that folder?
Yes
Just create a new folder on your desktop, naming it what ever you want, then extract the contents of your download to that folder.

C:/ is the Windows default folder for downloads & program installations, unless you specify a different folder when downloading and/or installing a program.

Hope this helps,
Don

Hello Peterr,

Yes
Just create a new folder on your desktop, naming it what ever you want, then extract the contents of your download to that folder.

C:/ is the Windows default folder for downloads & program installations, unless you specify a different folder when downloading and/or installing a program.

Hope this helps,
Don

>>So C:\,users,us, downloads is the default and I can avoid that by creating a desktop folder.
Once it is extracted(not opened)I should click on setup to install the program?
Thank you for your patience as I am trying not to make another error.

Hi Don
First, thank you for your help. I am still working on the issue but will let you know.
Secondly, I got a note from administration that my posts were removed because of "word processor" issues.
Do you know what that means? I am just tyring to write to someone like you for help and hope to get replies in order to solve a problem. I have MS Office 2010 that came with Word which I sometimes use to copy and paste to forums if I create off line. Ususally, I just write in the box I see to either reply or post.
Do you know what formatting issues I am doing wrong? I tried to write to admin and hope it got through so I can fix what I am doing and am not aware.
Thank you
Peter

Hello Peterr,

I will look in to it.
I did notice that I copied/pasted a line from your post and it gave me an embedded link, which could constitute as spam. It's best in the future to just use the reply boxes and not copy/paste from Word, this will avoid any confusion.

Regards;
Don

Hello Peterr,

I will look in to it.
I did notice that I copied/pasted a line from your post and it gave me an embedded link, which could constitute as spam. It's best in the future to just use the reply boxes and not copy/paste from Word, this will avoid any confusion.

Regards;
Don

>>Don
Thank you very much and I will write directly into the forum boxes from now on.
Peter

You're welcome and do let us know your progress on your issue.

Don

>>Thank you or your understanding and when I get up the courage I will see what I can do with ERUNT GUI.
Perhaps by downloading to a folder on desktop, I will have better luck setting up the rest of the program. It is too bad there were not more tutorials but I have scoured Google, Bing and so many sites to not much avail.
There are some tutorials/videos but because there is a traditional ERUNT then this new interface, then again with different ways of doing each, it is quite confusing for the average user. My problem is that I do not know how to respond to some of the unexpected options once in the maize.
I beleieve the goal is, instead of using the ERUNT folder for backup and the ERDNT one for recovery, you are finally presented,using the GUI, with a box that simplifies it all. I am not sure but I do not think you need any folders when you are done because you have the box from which to choose backup, restore and optimize.
If any GUI user are reading, feel free to join.
Thank goodness I have sytem restore and Acronis.
Regards,
Peter
PS When I clicked reply, I noticed some of my words were hilited in blue but I typed everything from scratch in the dialogue box. Please let me know if this is a problem or if I need to make a change.

Last edited:
Back