Windows Vista Am I stuck with Media Player 11

silvercowboy

I use a iriver h10 mp3 player which doesn't work properly on windows media player 11, with the cd provided, it use to work on windows media player 9-10 on XP. can I delete windows media player 11 and use 9 or 10 or do I have to stick with 11.:confused:

Can I track back on Vista business to a previous version of windows media player.
My MP3 Player CD won't work with 11 ?

You can try system restore, but I don't know if it'll do you any good.
I know that's not much help.
redface.gif

Can I track back on Vista business to a previous version of windows media player.
My MP3 Player CD won't work with 11 ?
Could you expand on this please... Do you mean your MP3 driver CD? If so, which one?

Moderation:
I've also merged your posts as they're basically asking the same thing...

Hi!! To answer one question, I believe you can change to WMP 10. There is an article called "How to install Windows Media Player (WMP) 10 on Windows Vista 32/64 bit". He uses hacks to install.....There is not much info around about this kind of procedure. You'll have to look it up on the Internet because it does not link to server.

just tried it. Works with out a hitch :D
Maybe you got something else going on?
Sorry it is the cd that came with my h10 for putting playlists on it won't work with windows media player 11, it doesn't register it's even there, unless I just sync the 2 together and it downlods fine into the library but 1 file at a time and not as a playlist, sorry does this make sense, I really don't have a clue what i'm doing but when I changed from XP to Vista the trouble started and on XP wmp 9-10 worked fine and the cd that came with my player worked as well.

:) Hi..... If all else fails, or is too much trouble, you can always switch your media player. People care for Nero a great deal.

Sorry it is the cd that came with my h10 for putting playlists on it won't work with windows media player 11, it doesn't register it's even there, unless I just sync the 2 together and it downlods fine into the library but 1 file at a time and not as a playlist, sorry does this make sense, I really don't have a clue what i'm doing but when I changed from XP to Vista the trouble started and on XP wmp 9-10 worked fine and the cd that came with my player worked as well.
I never used the CD. WMP recognized my H10 without having to use a CD. Like I said earlier you have something else going on. :rolleyes:

Maybe he means it's not a compatible type CD. For the time being Windows has a few of those. It's enough of an annoyance, because a few people would rather switch their software.

Back