Windows 7 AMD A6 3670k "display driver stopped responding...

Dioufy

Hey guys,

Having issues with my newly installed AMD A6-3670k apu.

I randomly get the screen freezing and then goes black or sometimes goes to the blue screen... to which i get a error message:

"display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

What i have tried so far...

- Updated the display driver to the latest version.
- Tried changing the screen resolution,
- Uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, (Also using driver sweeper)
- Tested the Ram with memtest86?
- Bought a new 700w PSU
- New install of Windows 7

Really at a lost on what it could be, I have read online about the HD audio can cause driver conflicts but that was no help!

Anyone had this before or have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance,

Dioufy
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check for a chipset driver update and also if there is a BIOS update. I have seen, heard and read problem after problem with the retail side for custom builds of PC's with these CPU/APU combo's from AMD.

I'm lacking the knowledge on these APU's to advise you on your issue but know you are not alone. A lot of others are also having issues....albeit different problems but problems none the less.

Check for a chipset driver update and also if there is a BIOS update. I have seen, heard and read problem after problem with the retail side for custom builds of PC's with these CPU/APU combo's from AMD.

I'm lacking the knowledge on these APU's to advise you on your issue but know you are not alone. A lot of others are also having issues....albeit different problems but problems none the less.

So i've read! ha

I have updated, uninstall - re-installed the latest drivers but to no avail. I have the latest BIOS.

I've usually fixed this problem by now but i am lost what to try next lol

A thought, have you checked in the BIOS for a on/off on the switchable APU. With out any system specs...mobo make and model manily, it's hard to do any research for it.

APU's are bad, IMO. Just bad. Shame on AMD for trying to expand their selling range, and offering end-users a piece of scrap metal.

Updating the Display Driver -
did you check that there are no problems with that driver (check some forums)

Re-installing drivers -
Properly?

Memtest86+ -
How long?

New PSU -
What's the make and model of your PSU, and does it have any certifications (80 Plus Bronze/Silver/Gold etc.)

New install of Windows 7 -
Did this install encounter any errors? How did you install Windows?

The HD Audio driver is part of your display driver (believe it or not, or at least with NVIDIA products it is).

What I believe the problem to be? The APU. 100%, absolutely, all fingers from me, pointing at the APU. It's like combining your milk and cereal into a bowl of mush. There's no point in doing it, by doing it you're just giving yourself more problems (what if the cereal doesn't taste nice? How do you know the cereal doesn't taste nice? It could be the milk that's going off, etc.) for a simple task of eating breakfast.

Back