MUSIC An homage to my wife, and all women who bear men, even to the point of love.

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Sometimes a relationship gets difficult, and it happened to us - we are too much alike, my wife and I. When it's good, it's tremendous, when it goes downhill... ok.

So we had me mad, my wife hitting me twice with the frying pan, our < 3 years old son going crazy, our < 4 months old daughter screaming, and the blasted corgi dog we just recently got, howling.

Later, sitting in my study / work apartment alone, in dark, I came to think of what truly is important to me. In this world, this time, this place, right now. And I recalled this song, by a giant in Finnish music.

Finnish: English (my translation):

Jos sä tahdot niin - olen sulle joku aivan muu If you want so – I'll be anyone else for you
Jos sä tahdot niin - olen virhe, joita tapahtuu If you want so – I'll be a mistake that happen do
Jos sä tahdot niin - tulen jouluksi kotiin If you want so – I'll be home for Christmas
Jos sä tahdot niin - en enää lähde uusiin sotiin If you want so – I won't go to new battles
Jos sä tahdot niin - jään vahtikoiraksi ovelles If you want so – I'll stay a watchdog by your door
tai painan pääni sun povelles... or press my head against your breast...

Jos sä tahdot niin - et enää koskaan ole levoton If you want so – you'll never be restless again
Jos sä tahdot niin - kaikki minun myöskin sinun on If you want so – all that's mine is yours too
Jos sä tahdot niin - otan sinun uskontosi If you want so – I'll take your religion
Jos sä tahdot niin - on mulle valheesikin tosi If you want so – your lie is truth to me
Jos sä tahdot niin - muutan kirjoille Andorraan If you want so – I'll move to Andorra
jos vielä siellä sut nähdä saan... just to see you again...

Sillä ilman sinua hukun öihin sekaviin Cause without you I drown to nights confused
ja ilman sinua - no niin; and without you – oh yes;
ilman sinua olen puolitiessä helvettiin... without you I am halfway to hell...

Jos sä tahdot niin - nimeäsi enää toista en If you want so – I'll never say your name again
Mutt' vaikka tahdot niin - kuvaas mielestäni poista en But even if you want so – I'll never wipe out your face
Jos sä tahdot niin - tulen kallioiden läpi If you want so – I'll come through the rocks
Jos sä tahdot niin - whatever makes you happy If you want so – mikä vain tuo sinulle onnea
Jos sä tahdot niin - tuon sulle Tiibetin vuoteeseen If you want so – I'll bring Tibet to your bed
tai siirrän pohjoisen luoteeseen or move north to north west
Ja aina uudelleen ja uudelleen And ever again and again
sun muistan joskus mua suudelleen... I remember you kissed me once...

Mutta ilman rakkautta hukun öihin sekaviin But without love I drown to nights confused
ja ilman rakkautta - no niin; and without love – oh yes;
ilman rakkautta olemme puolitiessä helvettiin... without love we are halfway to hell...

Jos sä tahdot niin... If you want so...

=====================================================

It's all good and peace now. I just wanted to share this, we never have to much of appreciation.

Last edited:
Back