An Open Letter To Cybercore

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
Dear Cybercore,

You seem to have disappeared off all sites, that I know of, that you contribute to.

I think I can speak for all when I say "We're missing you buddy".

Hope all is well with you and yours and hope to see you soon. Personally, I've no-one to follow on BSOD's now!!

Elmer

yea come back cybercore ! we miss you!!!

n thanks Elmer i do BSODs, i just dont have the program intalled this minute :p lol

i promise i will do , slow internet though lol,

i wont let you down old friend :)

We have discussed cybercore's disappearance from the website and possible whereabouts in the Staff Forum off and on since he vanished. We are still not sure what happened, as he never replied to private messages. Whatever may be the case, we all hope he is in good health and that everything is OK. It is surprising to read that he may have also disappeared from other websites he may frequent. Like most of the people who have come and gone on the Windows7Forums.com staff, his friendliness and willingness to help others encompassed the overall goals of the website. While we will never have enough staff members to answer every question, and while staff members are only asked to help moderate the site more than anything, volunteers like cybercore embodied what the website can be about when a person uses their knowledge to help somebody else. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have stepped up to the plate to help cybercore if he was experiencing not just computer problems, but any problem in general that he wanted to share with us.

It is really unfortunate that he has disappeared. We here on the Windows7Forums.com staff have no idea what happened. His moderator permissions were removed for security reasons some time after it became apparent he may not return. cybercore has been on the site for so long, that I'm not sure we even have his telephone number on file. If we did, I would have been happy to call to make sure he is OK after finding out he has vanished from the Internet entirely. He often kept to himself, and so did not communicate with us often, the least of all being Skype.

The ability to convey knowledge to each other is inside all of us. It just depends on what level we want to take it to. cybercore clearly enjoyed helping others with his computer knowledge and prowess. He had been using the website for years. I certainly hope he is OK. If I can find his number, I will try to call him to see if he is OK health-wise. We have numbers on file in the event for emergencies, but not really personal ones. However, if it helps to identify if he is physically OK, it may not be a bad idea for me to go back into the archives and see what I can find.

I am willing to even mail a letter if I cannot find a response. I hope that this helps answer what we know about his whereabouts on the forum management end of things. Celestra also disappeared in a similar manner, but it is widely believed that she simply stopped using online forums some time ago.

In his early days, he stayed on as quite the comedian, frequenting The Water Cooler quite often, but eventually moved on to crash analysis, where many of his contributions became indispensable to so many visitors. On the off chance he does read this, I would like to thank Greg for the help he has given to so many others while on the website.

cybercore inspired me loads in computer crash analysis, he was kind of the main reason i progressed in this area to enlarge my current computer knowledge and strive continoulsy to help other users on the forums

i mean if some one contacted him and said hes ok that would do to a degree. and just to know that his safety is ok.

If hes left the forums its really sad to see and i hope people would also be inspired to follow his path on this site to provide the support that people do require,

Mike i would like to thank you , the staff and the other members for his wellbeing and concern and for trying to contacting him and we can all hope that his friendly presence will soon be back,

Cybercore may not be back on the site now but his gratefull voluntry work wil never be forgotton,

Come back soon old buddy

At the time cybercore submitted his moderator application to us, we were using the SurveyMonkey.com service. We were pleased to receive an application from him on Monday, November 9, 2009. During his tenure as a volunteer staff member at Windows 7 Forums, cybercore, like countless other applicants, provided his skills and services to the website in the best way he knew how.

Alfred, I promised you that a thorough search of our older applications would be completed soon. Regrettably, like many applicants of his time, Greg (cybercore) did not provide a full mailing address or telephone number. For that reason, it will be impossible to contact him at this time. cybercore was not a perfect forum member, but no one is. During his time with the site, he had performed admirably. There was a time when his service to the site was relegated strictly to primarily off-topic, and what we would consider non-essential areas. Specifically, these were posts in The Water Cooler – our comic relief section operated by forum admin whoosh.

Some time ago, I was informed that cybercore (last name unknown), discontinued posting at this site. It took awhile for us to connect the dots, but cybercore stopped posting, simultaneously at every known Windows site he frequents. This disappearance is concerning because, as we know, it may have something to do with his health or ability to access the Internet.

Greg is very much a man who kept to himself – I never spoke to him on Skype or over the phone. But he was a good moderator and a genuinely decent guy. I don’t even know his last name offhand (I am on my laptop at a doctor’s office).

He is from Cleveland, Ohio, USA, and I am releasing this information in the event that his welfare is at risk.

Thank you for your concern and may whatever god you believe in have mercy on his soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen some other regular posters gone or posting much less than they used to lately too.
Joe

2nd email sent.. Am getting a little worried now although Greg is probably sipping coctails on a beach somewhere..
:)

We can only hope and pray for Greg's safety. Maybe he has called it quits on the Internet for awhile, or parted ways with his Internet monicker. Whatever the case, let us assume the best and not expect the worst. Thinking negatively can not help when we have no evidence of what has taken place. Sometimes people just quit using their online name and disappear off the Internet. It's possible that is what happened. I hope.

yea, greg will be on soaking up the sun, having a good drink and with a nice woman :)

Back