Animation don't play in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by duwhat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. duwhat

duwhat New Member

Hi,

I have enjoyed downloading, creating, and saving .gif animations in XP using Adobe ImageReady for several years now.

None of the animations I have saved will play in Windows 7 unless they are opened in ImageReady. They simply open as a single gif image. Except in Windows Live Photo Gallery there is a gadget at the bottom that allows the displayed image to be advadced one frame at a time.

I have forgotten what program in Windows XP opened and played my animations. Should Windows 7 be able to play them without anything extra?

Thanks Much, Harold

2. duwhat

duwhat New Member

Sorry. Just figured out IE was playing animation in the past. Set it as default for animations and all is well again.

So why did I have to do this with 7 when XP did it without user help and assistance? Never mind. I understand there is no aswer to this and many other questions of life.

3. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

Welcome to the forums :)
    Glad you've managed to fix the problem yourself.
    In IE8 in Windows 7 by default, animations are selected to auto play, so it must have been something manually changed after Windows 7 was installed, whether you did it without realizing it or was inherently caused by a program
    Either way, it's sorted now. Cheers!

4. duwhat

duwhat New Member

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply.

I have only had this computer with Windows 7 for about 3 weeks but I have been loading it back up with lots of software so there was certainly a chance for something to go awry.

I did unpin IE from the taskbar. Maybe that caused the problem. Anyway, fixed. Thanks, harold