Windows 10 Anniversary Installed!

Yes. I had sorted out the ongoing startup menu controversy, to suit me needs. I feel that MS were a little too accommodating in trying to meet the requirements of the deluge of feedback and suggestions for a new menu. They have finished up with a bit of a mixture of all.
If you look at the feedback, I think it was a 33/33/33 split as to whether users wanted a return to Windows 7 style, modern interface or something else (?)

Hi

I think you may be right about the right click thing, I seem to have the problem in Chrome but not in Edge.
I just tried it and it works here, now that I'm in Edge, it didn't in Chrome.

Mike

Chrome is working fine for me. I'm using the 64bit latest version but it runs absolutely fine.

Hi

I think it's just some kind of glitch, I'll let it go for a while and see if it works itself out before I do anything radical.
It seem that it keeps working as long as I don't use Chrome, when I do then the right click quits working.

The only way I can get it to work again it to log out and back in, then it's OK again.

I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it but it still does the same thing.

Right now I'm using Edge and it's working OK.

It doesn't happen in games or anything else as far as I've seen so far.

Pretty weird, I've run sfc /scan now twice and it shows no errors.

I have to Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get out when it does it because I can't bring up the power menu that includes log out from the start button without the right click.

Otherwise my computer seems to be running at a normal speed again, doesn't feel logy like it did.

Mike

Hi

I removed Chrome completely and I haven't had any problems since.
In a few days I'll try reinstalling it.

It appeared that the problems started every time I opened it.

I'd use Edge if they didn't make every thing so hard to do.
Even creating a link on the favorits bar is a pain.

And I can't find my history any place.

Mike

I would also try (in case you haven't) opening the advanced settings section and at the very end is a reset button. See if that helps at all.

Hi Kemical

Where exactly are the Advanced Settings Reset, I'm not finding that anyplace?

Mike

Found it, I didn't realize that you were talking about inside Chrome.
I haven't had a single problem since I uninstalled Chrome.

Now it's back in I'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Hi

Well I've had Chrome reinstalled for a while and no problems so far.
I'll keep my fingers crossed but my computer is running really well right now.

Mike

Hi

Looks like a nice computer, I did notice that the Nvidia driver had an impact on the performance of my Anniversary install.
When I first updated I was getting distortion when I'd try and drag a folder on the desktop and extreme logginess.

When I installed the latest driver it improved a lot, the distortion when away and everything ran faster.
But it seems to have been Chrome that caused the right click to stop working.

Everything seems to be normal now.

Mike

Wow. I have a rival. My three home computers are about 8 years old, all using NVidias and running 100% with Windows 10. Yours must be REALLY old lol. My budget has run out of input.

It's a gen 3 i7 so it's not that old there is just something wrong with the GPU, if I could upgrade the driver to a more current version I could install the windows update.

Back
Top Bottom