Windows 7 Annoying crash... help please!

Ovrheat

First of, I would like to say hello as my first words in this forum and wish you all a Merry Christmas. Here's my problem: Each time I try to run a game, I get the BSOD with the NONPAGED AREA error. It has also happened to me when I try to go full screen on any video and also when I run the Unity web plugin for online website games. When I had XP this never happened to me, but now that I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 it does, in fact, I used to play Oblivion here with no sorts of problems.

What could it be and how can I fix it? I'm attaching the dump file along with my systen specs, thanks in advance, and again, Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• dump.txt
    2 KB · Views: 307
  • dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 280
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Make sure your machine is properly configured to collect .dmp files:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Back