Annoying RC installation issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by kcj83, May 17, 2009.

1. kcj83

kcj83 New Member

I have been running the original BETA just fine on the following system:

Core i7 965
    Rampage II Extreme mobo
    6GB Corsair DDR3
    1 x Intel SSD-E
    2x Seagate 1.5TB in a RAID mirror
    GTX 295
    PATA CD/DVD

I intially had a few issues with the BETA install and my onboard HDD controller is in RAID configuration but once I supplied the relevant drivers it was all good, this was done with a PATA CD/DVD drive, i.e on another controller.

After sucessfully burning the RC onto DVD and booting up it started to hang at the "starting windows" splash screen. I changed to my old 7900GTX and seemed to have bypassed the issue.

Now everything goes smoothly although it took a real long time to think through anything and it does its thing and reboots.

Upon rebooting it once again hangs at the "starting windows" splash screen. I boot up in safe mode and see that it stops on disk.sys...

I started from scratch again and gave it the RAID drivers but it just froze. 2nd time it took them after 30min displayed 0mb on all disks.

Really frustrating as I loved the BETA and was excited about this RC release...

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Daniel

2. Radenight

Radenight New Member

My guess is your hardware is simply too new and the appropriate drivers just aren't available yet.. ;) That's definitely what it sounds like.. ;)

Was this a clean install or an upgrade attempt? 32-bit or 64-bit version? ISO downloaded from MS?

3. kcj83

kcj83 New Member

This was a clean install.

I have been succesfully running the 64bit BETA since late December.

Downloaded straight from MS.

It ran so nicely on the BETA as well :/

4. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Hmm... if it was running fine on the beta than ignore my last post.. haha.. ;) Back to the drawing board on this one.. :)