Windows 10 Annoying Win10

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I set up a password for my admin account a couple of weeks back. I did NOT set up a PIN. I have been logging on without incident until today. Today at login, windows 10 will not accept password but wants a PIN. I want to use my password NOT a PIN. Can someone guide through this. Thanks again.

You can change your pin here:

Hi - that menu must be on the admin account. "remove" PIN does not show up in standard menu. In which case, I'll have to sign in with my microsoft email account password - which is what they ask for - pls confirm. and thanks.

If you want to make any changes then you may be asked for your sign in details just as precaution.

You can have a password and pin set and should be able to enter either. At the login screen there should be a link "Sign-In Options" then click on the picture of a key and enter the password.

I went ahead and set a pin for the admin account. I used my password for that creation. I don't want to have 2 things to note or remember or whatever - so now I assume I can use that pin and not have a password for that account. THEN! I logged off and tried to switch back to standard account and a "create a pin" window came up. When I tried (twice) to do that, it failed and said it wasn't able to create a pin. I know these OS are complex entities and I should not complain but it does get frustrating when you come from 2 OS that were pretty straightforward (XP and Seven) and are forced into a whole new OS that is gidgetty....I also understand that MS wants OS upgrades for the biz world - I wish they would give the home user - the average consumer - the option of either staying with what you like (old OS)or going on to the new OS. Thanks for all help.

If you have both pin and password then you can enter either when signing into windows.

Look for 'Signing in options' when you next get to that point. If you choose the pin option then everytime you sign in you'll need the pin. Same goes for the password although you will find that the password is the method that the system will default to in certain situations.

Back