Windows 10 Another glitch...

I have just read an interesting thread.
It seems that if you uninstall the Keyboard driver(s) from the device manager, and reboot, then all the lights stay on!!
No way I am going to try it, though.

I wonder why I got build 9860 then? I obviously used the wrong ESD file but I had only one there... Weird...

Anyway the point is moot as the new version of 9879 is being released next week.[/QUOTE]

Just read yr Tweet. Sounds great!!!

Last edited:
Hehe cool.. :) I just keep using the same old rewritable over and over (yes I know.. It's not a good idea but limited funds y'know). Well I just tried creating a new iso and blow me this time it was 9879. I can't understand how I mixed up the ESD folders last time to get the 9860 iso... Weird. Anyway as I said earlier I'll now wait for the new improved 9879 iso..

YOU too!!

I thought you guys on the other side of the pond had plenty of spare loot.
I, (not my first choice) live in the most heavily taxed and expensive country in the world. As a non citizen, I scuff around on the meager British pension. Every DVD I buy is very major consideration.

Other side of the pond? I'm from the UK David not the USA unless that's what you meant?

YOU too!!

I thought you guys on the other side of the pond had plenty of spare loot.
I, (not my first choice) live in the most heavily taxed and expensive country in the world. As a non citizen, I scuff around on the meager British pension. Every DVD I buy is very major consideration.
Woops. Sorry. I had always thought US.

No worries... Not that I would have minded anyway..:) I just tried a clean install using a 9879 iso but alas the keyboard bug is still present. I also tried your method David of uninstalling the driver via Device Manager as it will only get re-installed on reboot but it still didn't make any difference. Let's hope it's in the list of new fixes and apparently for those already running 9879 there might be an update (via WU) as apposed to having to re-install a new version.

Hi

I've been considering reverting to 9860 and setting my speed to slow ring and waiting to update again.

But it seems that if they are going to make a newer improved version of 9879 wouldn't they patch the fast ring version up to where the later one is?

Mike

Let's hope it's in the list of new fixes and apparently for those already running 9879 there might be an update (via WU) as apposed to having to re-install a new version.
I believe that, that is what kemical is referencing in his post just above yours Mike. That there will be a Windows Update that would bring those of us fast ringers up to date via Windows Updates.

Well, I am still huggiing my ISOs, so, worse case, I'll reload 9860 and go down the (slow) update path

Well even with the new update for 9879 my keyboard lights are still out... Damn

The new iso for 9879 still doesn't fix the above. I also got the 2mb update meant only for existing 9879 users when I ran WU. I thought it was supposed to be all included with the iso? Apart from my former reboot issue I'm not sure what else they fixed but it is nice to have a iso release even if it a tad late

Hi

Well I wasn't around yesterday, but I checked this morning and there are no updates so I must have already installed the latest one.
I hope they will have an update soon that will fix the keyboard lights thing.

On a positive note, my sound hasn't quit working for several days now, and I haven't had the problem with the computer rebooting when I shut it down for a while either.

So I guess that's progress.

The only thing I'm aware of right now that doesn't work are the keyboard lights, if I'm right and the sound and boot problems are fixed.

I'm waiting for the keyboard lights to get fixed before I make a new system image file.
As soon as that works I'll back everything up.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom