Windows 11 Antimalware Service executable causing spinning cursor wheel?

Rek

After updating to 21h2 22000.675, The Antimalware Service has been constantly running a lot more than it should. After the first update, it was using 1.6GB of ram for hours. My mouse cursor also has the blue spinning wheel contently flashing. (Has been like this for days and never goes away.) The Antimalware Service is now consuming around 200MB but is still a bit much. I assume its the malware service but I cannot end it to check. Seems to be a known problem, but with no known cause that I can find? Fix: Spinning blue circle next to the mouse pointer in Windows 10 / 11

Solution
To address the issues you are facing with high system resource usage by Windows Security (Antimalware Service), as well as the persistent spinning blue circle next to your mouse pointer, you can try the following steps:

High System Resource Usage by Windows Security (Antimalware Service):​

1. Perform a Full Scan: Run a full scan using Windows Security to ensure there are no threats causing abnormal resource usage.
  2. Reset Windows Security Settings:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection and then on Manage settings.
    • Scroll down and click on Restore settings under Ransomware protection and...
To address the issues you are facing with high system resource usage by Windows Security (Antimalware Service), as well as the persistent spinning blue circle next to your mouse pointer, you can try the following steps:

High System Resource Usage by Windows Security (Antimalware Service):​

1. Perform a Full Scan: Run a full scan using Windows Security to ensure there are no threats causing abnormal resource usage.
  2. Reset Windows Security Settings:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection and then on Manage settings.
    • Scroll down and click on Restore settings under Ransomware protection and Controlled folder access.
    []Update Windows: Make sure your Windows system is up to date with the latest updates. []Check for Malware: Run a scan with a reputable malware removal tool like Malwarebytes to check for any malware causing high resource usage.

Spinning Blue Circle Cursor:​

[]Check for Software Conflicts: Some software may conflict with system resources, causing the cursor issue. Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists. []Update the Mouse Driver: Ensure your mouse drivers are up to date. []Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM:
    • Open Command Prompt as administrator and run:
      Code:
       sfc /scannow dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    [
    ]Check for Hardware Issues: Test your mouse on a different system to rule out any hardware-related problems. If the issues persist after trying these steps, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support or posting on Microsoft Community forums for further assistance or guidance tailored to your specific system configuration.

Solution