Windows Vista Antivirus Software

I put AVG Free onto my W7 computer, and am planning to keep it for the duration of the 6 month beta trial. After that, who knows. AVG seems to be doing the job, I did go into the advanced settings and disabled the balloon pop-ups as I found them to be annoying...working good now.

for the past couple of years antivir has worked for me keeping me virus free, works the same in win7 and seems light in resource useage :cool:

Although many people say they're using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 without problems, that was not my experience. As soon as I finished installing KIS Windows 7 started crashing, which had not been happening before.
After restoring to a pre KIS version everything worked fine.

Kaspersky beta for Windows 7 worked fine, no issues, as well as Avast free, which I'm using now.

I would jump on the Avast Free Home Edition as well. Relatively light wieght, stable, updates frequently and of course free.

However as to the comment about Microsoft not being able to make its software virus proof I must remind you that there are actually viruses for Mac and for Linux as well. They are just few and far between and get fixed as soon as they pop up by upgrades to the OS. One must keep in mind that the people who actually make viruses want to affect as many people as possible and so do not waste their time making viruses for OSs that represent less then 10% of the market.

antivirus

FREE---Avira, I have been using this for a while (98s3==xp pro) now in Windows 7 beta, not one problem==highly rated

FREE--Avast is another highly rated anti virus.

FREE---Avira, I have been using this for a while (98s3==xp pro) now in Windows 7 beta, not one problem==highly rated

FREE--Avast is another highly rated anti virus.

I'm with Bob, I use Avira and it works quite well. I bought Trend Micro because I used PCCillin in the past after I didn't like my experience with McCaffee But I uninstalled it and asked for a refund because it slowed down my computer too much.

With Avira I experience no slowdown at all. And it works too because it has caught a couple of items in the past two months I have been using it.

I've never tried Avast.

well if anyone is looking for a working pay antivirus then norton doese the job perfectly (norton 2009 gamers edition). always liked norton products

I've been using Nortons for years. some versions were good, others not so good. The not so good mostly involved delays waiting for it to load parental controls as my kids used the PC also. This years version (2008) is the best in a long time. Installed easy, is ready as soon as the screen comes up after logging in and seems to work beautifully. I've never had a virus in 5 1/2 years since I built this box. I wonder what others are doing to be picking up infections constantly? When picking an AV app, it mostly boils down to what interface you like and how many features you need or want. With Nortons I don't use the anti-spam (Thunderbird and my email provider filter out over 99%) or anything related to malware. Strictly virus, firewall and parental controls. I think a lot of the hatres you see on the boards for Norton is pretty much irrational as it has run great for me for quite awhile.

Also, am running the new kaspersky beta for W7 and everything is working great there also.

I've been using Nortons for years. some versions were good, others not so good. The not so good mostly involved delays waiting for it to load parental controls as my kids used the PC also. This years version (2008) is the best in a long time. Installed easy, is ready as soon as the screen comes up after logging in and seems to work beautifully. I've never had a virus in 5 1/2 years since I built this box. I wonder what others are doing to be picking up infections constantly? When picking an AV app, it mostly boils down to what interface you like and how many features you need or want. With Nortons I don't use the anti-spam (Thunderbird and my email provider filter out over 99%) or anything related to malware. Strictly virus, firewall and parental controls. I think a lot of the hatres you see on the boards for Norton is pretty much irrational as it has run great for me for quite awhile.

Also, am running the new kaspersky beta for W7 and everything is working great there also.
Your a horrible person for using Parental Controls.

I don't agree , I resent having to use an antivirus and I pick one rated on it's effectiveness and lowest resource useage, It just happens norton comes down the lower end of that list ?

Base on a Review (That i think i saw on cnet, AVG DOES NOT DETECT ALL Virus...

But Nod32 does... Right Now i'm Using ESET Nod32...:D

I been using AVG for the past 2 years on XP and now vista and have never had any viruos issues. It recommend from me :)

Re :

Here this site Link Removed - Invalid URL is a complete antivirus solution, completely able to find computer viruses.Cheap Antivirus is your computer guard trial keep focus in antivirus, antispyware, internet protection, backup & restore, and all-in-one guard software. This site brings you obtain the top antivirus software at the lowest cost..

Looks Like They Charge

I got my anti virus AVG 8.5 for free. Looks like they now charge for it on your site. I believe it is ony missing Identity Theft Protection.

Last edited:
I have been using the beta and final of MS security essentials, small foot print and does he job quite well and it is free

Back