Windows 10 Any Risk?

Nimit

Honorable Member
If i download Windows 10 Preview do it delete my Windows 8 OS ?
And do it effect my files or OS ?

Please reply ASAP

Downloading it will cause no issues.....however, if you go to install it, it might if you don't know what you're doing when installing it. Do you want to clean install it on same drive as your windows 8? That will remove your windows 8 copy. Do you want to install it on separate partition for dual booting? You'll need to create a partition for that option.

Last edited:
Luckily if you do an upgrade you can always roll back to windows 8 if you don't like it

Hi

Bassfisher's suggestion to dual boot is a good one.

It's easy to make a 200 Gb (I made a 100 Gb one and wish it was bigger) partition in Disk Management and install Windows 10 as a second operating system.

http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows-7-or-8/

It is how I did my Windows 10 install until I felt ready to go it alone with W10.

Once you have Windows 10 installed, put any software you install on another partition so that the Windows 10 install stays small and back it up regularly.

This is the software that I use, just don't save your backup on the same partition you have your Windows 10 installation on.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

When you open the programs select System Backup, tell it where you want to save it and Proceed.

That's all there is to it.

Mike

The safest option is to install it virtually with vmware or hyper-v because this keeps the two systems compartmentalized and prevents scenarios of accidently deleting your working windows 8.

In any event the other suggestions (especially Mikes backup advice) are solid options.

I mean if i download Windows 10 does it delete my Windows 8?

I want to use Multi Operating Systems.

You can try to download the iso from the site and load it onto a disk and setup multiple partitions but, a backup is a very good option!! At least I think you can duel boot it.

I also agree that VMware would be a great option. The best VMware product to use to run Windows 10 would be VMware Workstation.

Nimit, how many GB of ram do you have?

~D2123cross~

Last edited:
Hi

If you are going to download it, you will need to download an ISO file and then use ImgBurn software to burn it to a DVD.
The DVD can be used to install Windows 10 TP to a separate drive.

If you get Windows 10 TP through the store as an upgrade is will overwrite your Windows 8 installation.

If you decide to go the dual boot route make sure you name the partition something like "Windows 10" and write down the size of the partition as well.

When the install process asks you where you want to install Windows 10 make sure that the size of the drive matches the partition you created, (it may show as a little smaller then the size you made it).

But if it's a 200 Gb drive and your C:\ drive is 700 you shouldn't get them confused.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Mike

There are some drawbacks to running it in VM Ware.
It will run slower, (my experience) and you won't have access to your software and files from it.

I wanted to use Windows 10 the way I did my main OS, so after trying it in VM, I undid it and dual booted.

I've found that a lot of my software installed in Windows 8 would still run in Windows 10 TP without being reinstalled.

If i uninstall Windows 10, just i need to download windows 8 back, i have created the back up of my files.

Hi

If your computer is a laptop, did it come with a recovery partition?
If it did you can use it to restore your computer to the condition that it was when you got it.

Mike

I mean if i download Windows 10 does it delete my Windows 8?
No.

I want to use Multi Operating Systems.
You will need to create a new partition for dual/multi boot setups.

If i uninstall Windows 10, just i need to download windows 8 back, i have created the back up of my files.
If your using a dual/multi boot setup....NO. All you will need to do is format the partition and it becomes blank/empty.

I suggest you look on youtube for videos on everything you want to do as your not comprehending the word/text/print advice being given. There's a plethora of videos out there that will show you visually on how to accomplish those kinds of setuups/tasks.

Back
Top Bottom