Windows 7 Anyone know how to make the color adjustments in Windows Media Player active?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

In response to another post here I tried to change the color settings, Saturation etc. in WMP.

Just like the poster I find that while I can get to the sliders I can't get them to stay moved, as soon as you drag them they pop back to the center.

Anyone know how to make them work?

You access them by right clicking on and open WMP window, selecting Enhancements and then Video Settings.

Mike

Last edited:
Solution
Hi Mike, It seems like you're facing an issue with adjusting the color settings, saturation, etc., in Windows Media Player (WMP) where the sliders reset to their original positions after you try to move them. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to address this issue:

Solutions to Fix Sliders Resetting Issue in WMP:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with settings like this. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version and see if that resolves the problem.
    []Run Windows Media Player in Compatibility Mode:
    • Right-click on the Windows Media Player shortcut or executable file.
    • Choose...
Hi Mike, It seems like you're facing an issue with adjusting the color settings, saturation, etc., in Windows Media Player (WMP) where the sliders reset to their original positions after you try to move them. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to address this issue:

Solutions to Fix Sliders Resetting Issue in WMP:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with settings like this. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version and see if that resolves the problem.
    []Run Windows Media Player in Compatibility Mode:
    • Right-click on the Windows Media Player shortcut or executable file.
    • Choose "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab.
    • Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an older version of Windows.
    • Apply the changes and then try adjusting the sliders again.
    [
    ]Reset Windows Media Player:
    • Sometimes resetting Windows Media Player to its default settings can resolve issues like this.
    • Press "Windows key + R" to open the Run dialog.
    • Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open Programs and Features.
    • Locate Windows Media Player, right-click on it, and select "Uninstall."
    • Restart your computer and then reinstall Windows Media Player.
  2. Use a Different Media Player:
    • If the issue persists, you might consider using a different media player that allows you to adjust video settings without any problems.

Additional Tips:​

• Ensure that no other programs are conflicting with Windows Media Player while you're trying to adjust the settings.
      • Check for any Windows updates that might include fixes for such issues.
      Try these steps and see if they help in resolving the problem with the sliders resetting in Windows Media Player. Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Solution
Back