Mine Is Doing This Aswell!
I Really Do Prefer Itunes Over Windows Media!
I've Tried Un Installing Re In Stalling All That Jazz
But It Just Keeps On Coming Up, It's Really Fustrating I Can't Update My Ipod!!
Somebody Please Help Me!?
For the last two unregistered posters, here is a workround.
1) Leave the phone in restore mode and close iTunes.
2) Open up the device manager.
3) Scroll down to USB (Universal Serial Bus controllers..) and open that group.
4) Look for your iPhone. It should be the first device listed and will be called something like apple, restore, iphone or something that you'll recognize as the phone. 5) Right click it and choose update driver.
6) Tell the updater not to search for it, click next.
7) On next page choose install from a specific location. Click next.
8) In the 'Please choose your search and installation options' window,
choose 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install' and click next
9) In the next window choose Have Disk and browse to the Mobile Device Support's driver folder.
10) Choose the restore driver it shows and finish up the driver updating.
If iTunes doesn't show your phone in restore mode next time you open iTunes then restart the Apple Mobile Device service and reopen iTunes.
The best fix is: find the iTunes application (".exe") file, right click, select "run as administrator."
The annoying popups ["AppleMobileDeviceHelper....] no longer appear.
DO NOT just remove the Apple Mobile Device Helper" program. If you do, your iPhone won't be recognized. Trust me, I did it.
No need to remove/uninstall then reinstall iTunes.