Windows 7 Application services that won't end on App close [SOLVED]

zvit

Honorable Member
Hi guys!

I have had this strange problem for a few weeks now and so far I can't figure out a solution or why it happens.

When closing an application, the application's service (in the Windows Task Manager) doesn't end with the closing of the application like it should. This is happening with 95% of my applications.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Re: Application services that won't end on App close

Do you have an example?

Have you watched it for a while, I have seen some take a little time to close down. Some may be started manually and are not shut off until reboot, or possibly log off.

Re: Application services that won't end on App close

I know what you mean. FF sometimes takes about 30 seconds to close as it closes hidden processes in the background. I'm talking about processes that are still open days later. (I only reboot my computer once a week). These are processes that should close immediately and not on reboot. (I'm familiar with the software).

I don't know WHY this solved the problem but it did... 95%.

All I did was align my SSD drive (which is my C drive. I never noticed that it wasn't aligned). Now 95% of the processes end when I exit their programs!

p.s. My Windows Experience Index used to give my Primary HDD (the SSD) a score of 7.1 now that I aligned it, it got a score of 7.8 Whoopee.

Last edited:
Back