Windows 7 Applications constantly crashing on W7 home basic.

felipe

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for taking a little of your time and reading what i write here.
I bought this laptop in december. It had installed W7 home basic when I purchased it. The thing is that I started noticing that a lot of programs have been crashing lately, specially games and adobe photoshop, and since this happens more or less randomly, I do not know what to do. Really, it's just really frustrating... So if anyone's had the same problem, I'd be glad to know if you could fix it, and if yes, how did you do it? do you recommend me to change to a better version of W7? Can I do that without formatting?

The specifications:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941)
Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1788MB RAM
Page File: 1602MB used, 1973MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

I'd really thank if anyone could help me with this, because this is creating a lot of problems!
Again, thank you! :p

Are you Adobe products updated ? Are any of your drivers malfunctioning ?
Exactly what games crash ? Did you try Vista compatibility mode ? Did you update DirectX ?

Hello cybercore, and thank you very much for your helpful response! I'm gonna try to answer every question the way they should.

Are your Adobe products updated ? Yes, every now and then an installer called adobe installer or something similar asks me to update things, so I think they are updated, unless this updater works only for mozilla plugins... which in that case I'd say they aren't updated...
Are any of your drivers malfunctioning ? No, i don't think so.
Exactly what games crash ? Assasin's creed and Need For Speed Carbon, although Carbon worked fine today (04/03/2010).
Did you try Vista compatibility mode ? No, I haven't.
Did you update DirectX ?I am using DX 11, which I think is the latest one.

So what could you tell me? What should I do?

Well, thank you again for taking the time and writing me!

Kind regards!

Back