Windows 8 Apps Folder

Drew

Banned
Just thought I'd share this w/ y'all... this is how I have come to best like displaying the Applications folder I keep on my Windows8 Desktop Taskbar. Listed in alphabetical order it's how I can pull or access anything I may want @ any given moment w/out leaving Desktop to look for something. I simply scroll up & down for the desired item & it saves changing screens to go get something. A few, like Weather, Calendar, News I'll usually keep sitting on the APP Bar @ the top-left of the Desktop. Thus no need to go back n forth visiting Start or WinQ for things. This has just become 'my way' but, may be of some interest to others, as well.
CaptureApps.JPG

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Robert,

Do you want the instructions as to how to create this? I put them in here somewhere long ago but, would provide them for you, if desired; unless you have found them, already.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

I swore I would stay out of the repetitive threads regarding metro versus other options but, just to refresh my thoughts. I have organised my metro start menu, to my preference (screen shot somewhere), and "unpinned" those items seldom used. I use the metro screen to start any programs almost 100% now. I am still looking for the opposite to what the majority seek - a way to return to Metro, after closing an app. But, with consideration, pervious OSs required, at least, more than one click to get through to the start shortcuts. In Windows 8 it is only one and I have them all before me.

Robert,

Here is how:
Right-click on desktop and select New , then Shortcut

Enter or paste this into the "Type location.. etc." :

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

This gives an icon on the Desktop... pick whatever icon you like for it. Click on it, set View & Sort to your liking & minimize... now it will sit on the Taskbar; I, also, then get rid of the Nav Tree. If you reboot, that is the only time you have to go through setting it up on the Taskbar, again. As long as you only minimize it, it will remain (don't close it).

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Robert,

Here is how:
Right-click on desktop and select New , then Shortcut

Enter or paste this into the "Type location.. etc." :

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

This gives an icon on the Desktop... pick whatever icon you like for it. Click on it, set View & Sort to your liking & minimize... now it will sit on the Taskbar; I, also, then get rid of the Nav Tree. If you reboot, that is the only time you have to go through setting it up on the Taskbar, again. As long as you only minimize it, it will remain (don't close it).

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 523

Got it Drew, Thanks!

Back