Windows 7 appsvc.exe?

the same error still pops up :(
it still cant find the file specified, even though i click the exe directly and not through a shortcut.

it crashes when i try to open it
it opens the mbam but it crashes right after

actually it crashes when it tries to scan

Have you tried running each and every one of these in turn?

chameleon.exe
chameleon.com
mbam-chameleon.pif
mbam-chameleon.scr
svchost.exefirefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.com
firefox.pif
firefox.scr
iexplore.exe
winlogon.exe
rundll32.exe

yes i have ran all of them, if i run them they open some console then opens mbam which instantly crashes, when i open mbam without using them and try to scan with it, it crashes

i have to get to bed since i have school tomorrow, sorry but im afraid we have to continue this tomorrow

It may not be the smartest thing to double click the exe, as many programs may have several exes, linked in various ways. You should use the Shortcut in Programs, or the shortcut on desktop.

Further, "A System Restore error would only appear if someone was actually trying to run System Restore in an effort to fix a problem." - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2014229/system-restore-error.html

Might be very true. Leading my thoughts to the fact that it's a driver / other installation problem. Instead of restore, you might try "hard way" uninstallation of anything installed lately, especially if you have used some automated updates. Not to forget, quite often these problems are faster resolved by reinstalling Windows altogether, instead of fighting for light years with isolated problems. A good move is to have Windows System installed in one place, and have personal files in another place = partition or disk. That way you can reinstall Windows without having personal files affected.

Hope you get it fixed - sincere hope!

how do i choose which directory maxspyware installs to? my cd drive c doesnt have enough space

it needs 600mb and i have 400, i have nothing non-essential in that drive, my antivirus takes about 5gb of the space and the rest of the stuff are system files and alienware software

Back
Top Bottom