Apture Search

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
We are pleased to announce that the entire text content of the site is virtually searchable by simply selecting a string of text, hovering over it, and selecting the Learn More button. The search is prioritized as related to Windows7Forums.com and Windows8Forums.com. Further, you will be able to find additional information from other sources.

This new feature is exciting and does make the entire site and all of its content text searchable by string values, which is just amazing to all of us. You can select words and hover over what you've highlighted. Go to the Learn More button and you can find many definitions and answers from multiple sources.

The string value search is surprisingly accurate. You may also turn on or off in your User Settings through Settings -> Edit Profile -> Apture On/Off at the very bottom.

We hope that you will enjoy this new feature of the site.

Step 1. Select a word or group of words with your mouse by holding down the left mouse button.

apture1.PNG

Step 2. Click on the Learn More button and you will receive in-line search results from multiple sources.
apture2.PNG

Here is a good example of the feature in action:

apture3.png

Whoa....very cool feature. The more I work with it the more I like it. Not always so receptive of changes but I'm really liking this new addition to the website's features. I suppose the primary challenge will be letting people know that it is there in the first place and then explaining that they simply select a word or word string, hover over their selection which produces the Learn More button, resulting in search results from our own site as well as other resources around the internet. Gotta say one of the cooler features you've come up with. Thanks and I hope it catches on.

Would love to get some additional feedback from our members and visitors on this feature, as well as the Activity system that was added to profiles.

Would love to get some additional feedback from our members and visitors on this feature, as well as the Activity system that was added to profiles.
Have to agree, additional feed back would be great but if history is any indicator then I'm not holding my breath. Seems the only feedback comes when someone gets aggravated with a feature that is causing a problem then we're likely to hear about it. Otherwise.....not so much.
Still think it's cool though.

Really nice new features , once again the forum is forging ahead . I do not know of any other forum that has the new apture search .
All the little tweaks are looking very cool and inviting . I hope it will attract a wider audience and encourage more people to join the forum :)

Back
Top Bottom